Tuesday, May 12, 2009

48 hours to go...

This is my final message from Lesotho before I start the long trek back to South Dakota tomorrow morning. For those of you who have been following this experience I appreciate you taking the time to read my thoughts and the kind words many have sent me. It has been fantastic to return to Lesotho and see the progress being made in this country and specifically in the remote medical clinics. I feel very blessed to be even a small part of the work here.

It was great to hear Jeremy Keeton and the PIH staff talk about the value of having reliable communication at the clinics, and to see how excited everyone was that we were here to make technical improvements. And it felt great to climb back into the MAF planes and get a bird’s-eye view of a country both blessed and cursed with amazing geography.

Many of you reading this know why I am here. As a follower of Jesus Christ I have a responsibility – actually more of a privilege – to reflect His love to those around me and throughout the world. I realize I don’t always do this well and I understand that I don’t have to travel halfway around the world to demonstrate love to others. But looking back at my life I can see a series of events and decisions that has brought me back to this place. And it is clear the God has a plan for me and for some reason that plan includes the tiny country of Lesotho in southern Africa.

I do not claim to be the best father, son, husband, employee, or friend that you will ever meet. I have many flaws. I am certainly not perfect. But I am striving to follow the One who is perfect and demonstrate His love through what skills and capabilities I do possess. And I pray that God continues to use me as a tool to construct His Kingdom here on Earth



1 Peter 4

(8) Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (9) Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. (10) Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. (11) If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.



Thanks to Jeremy Keeton and Partners In Health (www.pih.org) for inviting me back to Lesotho and covering my travel expenses. And for the love and compassion you are showing to the Basotho people.

Thanks to Mission Aviation Fellowship (www.maf.org) for providing flight and communication support in Christ’s name to PIH and countless other organizations and individuals serving in Lesotho and around the globe. (And please send me information on your frequent flyer program…)

Thanks to Jim Peterson at Application Technology, Inc. for allowing me the time to pursue this missions opportunity. Jim your generosity and integrity continues to astound me.

And finally thanks so much to my family and friends. Especially my wife Laura and our kids Hannah, Thomas, Noah, and Elyse. I love you and will see you soon!

Blessings from Lesotho,

Traig

No comments: