Sunday, April 27, 2008

My trip to Bobete -- by Thomas

I woke up at 6:00 in the morning. We were flying in the plane and I got to sit in front. I got to fly the plane and I did the wrong thing and made it go up to high. We got to Bobete. Then we built the VSAT. I gave my dad and the people who helped us build it the nuts and bolts. We had lunch that was chicken and rice and papa and it was good. Then we finished building the satellite. I played and then I had supper. Which was mutton, and papa and it was really good. We looked at the stars and we saw Orion, the Southern Cross and the Milky Way. Then I went to bed on a bunch of wooden boards with a mattress. It was warm but not really comfortable. Friday we did some stuff on the satellite, had breakfast, and waited for the plane to come get us. Two planes landed there because one plane came to get my friend Gus's dad and the Ambassador to the European Union. They were there looking at my dad's satellite and talking. We loaded the plane and they put a sheep in the bottom of the plane. The sheep went to Maseru for people to eat. Then we flew back home. It was a fun trip. My favorite part was eating the sheep for supper.

- Thomas



Thomas joined me for the second VSAT installation in the village of Bobete this past week. It was great having him with me and I hope it is something he will never forget - even if his favorite part was eating mutton. It is pretty rare for two of our planes to land at the same mountain strip at the same time, so it was an extra treat to see both planes parked at Bobete.

- Traig

2 comments:

Jim said...

hey
my grandaughter Rachel loves to fly - if you ever meet her Thomas
the storys you could share.
yes mutton is good - i have had some myself
it is great you can be with your dad and a helper at that.

Amy said...

Hi Tommy,

Sounds like you enjoyed that mutton! Thanks for telling us
all about your adventure!

Love Amy